Wednesday, March 25, 2009

One Week to Go

I am really excited now, but also feeling somewhat overwhelmed. There is just so much to do right now, and working full-time, right up until the day we leave is not helping.
I need to get a bunch of shots before I leave and I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to do that. I was also planning to have a garage sale this weekend, but I REALLY don't think that's got a chance in hell of happening.
Part of me feels sort of guilty that my level of excitement is starting to edge out how much I'm going to miss everyone. I've been doing a lot of reading on living and working in Egypt and everything I have to look forward to is only building my sense of anticipation. There are many cultural exigences and I think I'm going to err on the side of caution and follow them to the letter, as not to 'perminently damage east/west relations'.

No comments:

Post a Comment